Social networking sites are becoming increasingly important in the digital age because they enable individuals and businesses to connect with and interact with a global audience. As we head into 2023, event planners and businesses are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to communicate with their audiences. Social media wall for events has emerged as a powerful tool for creating interactive, memorable experiences that connect attendees with each other and the event itself. In this blog post, we’ll look at the various applications, tips, and social media wall ideas for your next event.
In general, social media and networking sites have become very important for all of us, and are now an integral part of our lives. Here in this blog, we are going to explore many aspects of social media wall ideas for events. But before we dive into the detailed discussion, it’s important to go through the nitty-gritty aspects of it.
Get Clear On Social Media Basics
We all know about social media and how it helps people and businesses reach out to their friends, family, and customers, respectively. A social networking site can be used for a variety of purposes, like sharing news and information and even making new connections. Furthermore, Social media is also beneficial as it became an important marketing tool to commercialise various business products and services. Overall, social networking sites play a significant role in the way we communicate and connect in the digital age.
What Is a Social Media Wall?
A social media wall is a type of virtual display that displays content from social networking sites on a computer monitor or screen. Here, all kinds of social media like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and others can be aggregated. The content can include posts, images, videos, and comments from users. Social media walls are commonly used at events, such as conferences, trade shows, and concerts, to create a real-time social media feed that can be viewed by attendees.
Additionally, businesses can use this to show shoppers testimonials. Social media walls can be embedded on websites, displayed on screens, or projected on walls at an event. They are an effective way to increase engagement, promote social sharing, and enhance the overall experience for attendees.
What Is a Social Media Wall For an Event?
A social media wall for the event is a digital display that shows a live feed of social media posts, images, videos, and comments from attendees or the general public. These walls can be set up at conferences, trade shows, concerts, and other events to create a sense of community and engagement among attendees. In addition to all these social media walls can be utilised for promotions too. Encourage the audience to use the hashtag and share the precious moments over their stories and as posts.
Event organisers can use social media walls to create a dynamic and engaging experience for attendees. They can be used to showcase attendee-generated content, such as photos and posts, which can help to create a sense of community and engagement among attendees.
With this above-mentioned learning, hope the basics are clear now. So, let’s talk about social media wall ideas for events and how they can be used.
Social Media Walls Ideas For Incorporating Into Your Event
- Experience Sharing Wall: Everyone has their individual experience and there is a lot one can learn from others’ experiences, whether it’s a journey or fun moments. By allotting or arranging a designated area in your event you can let the audience click on their precious moments and make videos. Encourage the audience to share that on social media using a customised brand hashtag which can be displayed over a big social wall (naming experience wall) in the event. The shared post can be used as key highlights of the event.
- Meet the Speakers Wall: Design the social media wall for the event in a way which has a dedicated column for the speakers. Well, it’s not always that every event has speakers. So, you take this by introducing guests, sponsors or other key people present at the event. Share the guest’s social media handles and other contact information about their social profiles, so that anyone interested from the audience can connect to them during or after the event.
- Social Media Wall For Event Fans: No matter what the event theme is like but there are always people who can be named as the fan. If it’s a music concert, conference, or literature festival, there are always people who love that. Make a fan wall which can serve the dedication of the audience, where they can share their enthusiasm.
- Twitter Social Wall: There are many social media platforms, from Facebook to Twitter and have different audiences. Showcase the live feed of Twitter on your social media wall for events. This will be helpful to let the audience know who is saying or sharing what on Twitter in real-time and help people to engage with that.
- Attendee Takeover Wall: Create a social media wall where attendees can take over and share their own photos and videos from the event. This allows attendees to share their own perspectives and experiences and creates a sense of community and connection among attendees.
The Effective Uses of Social Media Walls For Events
In the multi-dimensional world, one thing can be used in numerous ways. The same holds true for event social media wall ideas.
Live Feed of Event Highlights
Arranging a designated area for attendees, so that they can take photos and videos. Later such photos and videos can be shared on social media using a specific event hashtag is a great way to create a live feed of the event’s highlights. The social wall can be displayed over a big screen or via using a projector or monitors during on-ground events. Whereas if it is a hybrid event the in-person wall can be used or can be customised with a different one virtually. This approach will create a dynamic, engaging experience that connects attendees with each other and the event itself.
Interactive Polls and Quizzes
Creating interactive polls and quizzes is a great example of social media wall ideas 2023. Hence, it can be proven in creating a win-win situation to collect important feedback from the audience while keeping them engaged throughout. This can be a useful tool for conducting market research and compiling information on attendees’ preferences.
Creating a social media wall that gives attendees a behind-the-scenes look at the event’s planning and preparation can be a wonderful thought. Overall, it creates a sense of exclusivity and builds excitement for the event. Sharing photos and videos of the setup, rehearsals, and any other behind-the-scenes moments are fantastic social media wall ideas for in-person events. This way, attendees can get a glimpse of the hard work and dedication that go into creating a successful event.
Introduction to Speakers
Establishing a wall that introduces attendees to the event’s speakers can be a prominent way to create a sense of community and connection among attendees. Share photos, biographies, and social media handle of the speakers so attendees can connect with them before, during, and after the event. If a keynote speaker is scheduled, a personalised video from the speaker can also be shown.
A dedicated event fan wall is a very powerful tool for fostering a sense of belonging and connection among attendees. Attendees can share photos, videos, and messages, and you can display them on the wall, giving your most passionate fans a platform to share their enthusiasm. Additionally, you can also throw a competition or contest for boosting engagement, like the most liked photo, fashionable and others.
Tips and Tricks for Incorporating Social Media Wall Ideas For Events in 2023
- Brand Hashtag: Create a clear and consistent #hashtag for your event that attendees can use when sharing photos and videos on social media. With this approach, your work will be way less as you can easily collect and see the posts of your audience.
- Encourage Participation: Who doesn’t like freebies, prizes or rewards? By contesting activity sessions and rewarding the winners you can increase participation. This is the best social media wall idea for a hybrid event announcement to reward the best photos or videos or try to add some other fun activity that aligns with your event theme.
- Respond, Monitor & React: Monitoring or responding to the social media post of your audience is the most important aspect of the overall effort. When you respond and react to your audience posts and share them on your social channels credibility and trust build. All these combined offer an incentivised value towards their participation.
- Build A Designated Area: Build a designated area for the social media wall in your event that is smoothly available and seeable to attendees. If they can’t able to see the designated place, they will not be able to participate. The more something noticeable, the chances of participation are quite more.
- Make it Interactive: Add special elements for fun and engagement or you can conduct activities via polls, quizzes and Q&As. This way it will be going to stand more fun and improvised engagement.
Social media wall for events can be considered the best of all time tools in this digital era for creating an interactive and memorable experience. By using the above-mentioned social media wall ideas for event 2023 you can surely create a truly dynamic and engrossing experience for your audience. Undoubtedly, you should start looking for creative ways to enhance the event. With our advice and own analysis, we found a lot of potential in it. You should also consider it and see the difference it can make in terms of attendee satisfaction and other.
If you wanted to set up the social media wall for your next in-person or hybrid event. Don’t get trapped in the hustle of how to do it. As we at Dreamcast are always at your service to enhance your event dynamics. Get in touch with us, by just filling out the below form and book your free demo now.
Connect with the Industry's Most Experienced
Live Streaming Service Providers.