In the competitive realm of social media, the internet, and numerous global brands, everyone is engaged in a race to establish their brand as an authority. So, what exactly does this mean? In simple terms, the brand authority of any organization or business refers to its capability to influence the market through its presence, expertise, and reputation. For instance, when discussing sports shoe brands, the names that immediately come to mind are Puma, Adidas, Reebok, Fila, and others. Each of these brands has achieved a level of authority in branding and audience reach based on their preferences and presentation.
Generally, a higher brand authority can assist businesses in attracting more customers, increasing website traffic, and ultimately boosting sales. In the realm of MOZ (SEO software suite), authority branding refers to the strategic process of establishing a brand’s reputation, expertise, and influence within its industry or niche. Additionally, to position as a trustworthy, credible, valuable solution that people can count on.
Here in this blog, we are going to explore all the essential aspects behind the MOZ brand authority. Furthermore, its impacts, tips to increase brand authority, and other keynote learnings. So, let’s get started;
What is MOZ Brand Authority?
Brand authority is a metric that is used to measure the well-knowingness of any organization. It is a factor that indicates one’s reputation, the quality of its products or services, and the level of customer loyalty. In the context of MOZ brand authority, it is a 1 to 100 score on a scale. This means the brand which scores more has better brand authority on search engines (like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and others).
Brand authority by MOZ is calculated using a number of factors, including:
- The number and quality of backlinks to a website
- Number of social media mentions
- Search engine impressions
- The number of organic search clicks
- The bounce rate of a website
- The time spent on a website
What is the Importance of MOZ Brand Authority?
There are arrays of benefits associated with the increased brand authority by MOZ. Any business with more scores can perform better on search engines which ultimately generates more revenue. The MOZ brand authority is a valuable metric for businesses because it can help with the below pointers (that is any brand looking for);
Helps in assessing the brand’s strength and finds scope for improvement.
Ease in doing the competitive analysis with other competitors on the web.
It serves as the brand authority checker that can be utilized to track the progress of their brand-building efforts.
Make informed decisions about their marketing and SEO strategies
Here are some brand authority examples by MOZ:
- Google: 99
- Amazon: 98
- Microsoft: 97
- Apple: 96
- Facebook: 95
The score says that this brand is highly competitive and expert in their niche. Additionally, the kind of value they provide, clients’ satisfaction, usefulness, backlinks, and others. All the aspects are strong for such a brand’s website.
How to Increase Brand’s Authority: Tips By MOZ Expert
There are many tips and tricks that you can take into account to improve the brand’s authority. Many SEO experts and digital marketers suggest that taking the time to set up a team of SEO experts, digital marketers, writers, graphic designers, and others can potentially help you increase your web searches and boost your brand’s website traffic. Ultimately, this leads to a rise in the MOZ brand authority score. So, let’s get started;
Create High-Quality Content
In the digital transformation the world is going through, the content is the king that makes you win every time. When we say high-quality content it means it should be aligned with your industry and domain. Furthermore, it should be plagiarism free, and now after the rise of AI tools like Google Bard and ChatGPT, it should not be AI-written. A well-written and relevant content that addresses the target audience’s queries and helps them attract more readers. Although creativity and unique pieces of content give you a hike to you from competitors. But don’t forget to add the industry keywords to get a high rank on your content. And if using social media then thumbnail, caption, description, and #hashtags.
To increase brand authority the backlinks to your website are a must. The backlinks are generally links from other websites to your website. This transmits a valuable signal to the search engines that your site is authoritative in the domain and provides value. The backlinks can be built by guest blogging, participating in online forums, and submitting your content to distribution sites or channels like Medium, Quora, and blogging sites.
Get Involved In Your Industry
Involving in your industry means taking regular participation in in-person events, and conferences to get noticed. Also, writing articles, blogs, and trends, and spreading relevant industry information through publications or social media. For example; if you are a brand that deals with sportswear or attires, then participating in city marathons or sporting events, and spreading trends is beneficial. This approach will build relationships with other industry leaders and experts. Also, so helps you raise awareness of your brand and present you as an authoritative. In the MOZ context, having a solid foundation of blogs, articles, and social media is a must and regular content uploading is essential.
Offer Excellent Customer Service
Customer satisfaction is the best way to increase brand authority. By providing value-added services, working on the critical factors for the consumer can help in the retention rate. So, making an effort is resolving the customer’s issues and going the extra mile. With little effort, it can help in greater influence. Like if you are a clothing brand then making videos on how to wash clothes, the top fashion trends can even have a bigger impact. This type of content can attract more traffic to your website and social media channels. More the users the better the MOZ score.
Use Social Media Effectively
In the current digital landscape, social media is a booming trend. Although almost every second individual has at least one social media account from popular mediums like; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedln, Twitter, or others. These platforms are great to connect with your audience and build awareness leading to brand authority. Share your content on social media, engage with your followers, and participate in relevant conversations. Also, hosting games, polls, Q&A sessions, live streaming, and discussions can help you attract more users.
Building brand authority is not a one-day game. It needs determination, persistence, and more importantly time and effort. So, be consistent in publishing quality content, making backlinks, social media, and doing the best practices as mentioned above.
Some Additional Tips to Build Brand Authority by MOZ Experts
- Create a strong brand identity: In order to create a strong brand identity you need to be unique. Create a brand with logos, color tonne, and other aspects that reflect your company’s values and mission.
- Be transparent and honest: Don’t be fake, means being transparent with your customers and honestly showcasing your products and services. Although trust is what increases brand authority.
- Be responsive to feedback: Take regular feedback from your customers and act on improving things and the quality of your services or products. Also, encourage the customers to give you ratings on web engines.
- Be innovative: Do not settle for less. Always come up with new unique and innovative concepts that capture more attendees. Also, show your customers that you are committed to providing them with the best possible experience. Being innovative doesn’t mean doing things that are out of trend. Be innovative in the current trend and regularly analyze your competitors to improve.
- Be patient: Building brand authority takes time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep at it, and you will eventually achieve your goals.
Unlocking Brand Authority: A Glimpse into MOZ Insights
Well, if anyone is looking for how to increase brand authority examples or checkers, then you don’t have to go anywhere. By simply using the MOZ itself or checking their latest blogs and resources it can be possible. MOZ also publishes a number of blog posts and articles on SEO topics, including brand authority. Here are a few MOZ insights on brand authority:
- Brand authority is a major ranking factor: In the MOZ research, it has been shown that brand authority is a major ranking factor for websites on search engines. This means that the brand website with many blog posts, articles, and webinars included with relevant keywords is more likely to get a high rank.
- Brand authority can be measured: Brand authority can be measured by the MOZ tools which include the Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) metrics. These metrics are based on a number of factors, including the number and quality of backlinks to a website.
It is proven that MOZ insights and brand authority are important for every organization having a website. No matter whether it is an e-commerce website or simply a website for company information. The general practices mentioned in this blog can help you increase the overall brand awareness and ultimately the authority. This will lead to increased traffic, a lowering of bounce rate, and more conversation to generate ROI.
Hope you like reading this blog. Thank you!
A “good” MOZ Brand Authority score varies from industry to industry. However, it is found that a score of 60 or above is considered good.
The basic difference that lies between brand awareness and brand authority is that brand awareness is about how many people are familiar with your brand. Whereas brand authority is about how much they trust and respect your brand.
Yes, there are a few factors that affect MOZ Brand Authority. These include:
1. The number and quality of backlinks
2. The amount of social media engagement
3. Content quality
4. Website user experience
5. The overall reputation of your brand